The farm or rather
its surroundings are the origin of our family name. Its existence dates back
to the 15th century whereas the foundation of the farm itself can be traced
back even further in time.
The last owner of the farm was
Sophie Harries, née Bornbusch/14-168 (†1872). After she passed
away her family let the farm for rent for about 80 years. An actual descendant
of the family (Wulf Harries) started to administer and cultivate the land
himself again in the 50ties but then proceeded to sell everything to the neighbouring
community of Stuhr in 1978. The community then resold it in 2007 (see 'Home'
> up to date). The current owner is unknown.
Pencil drawing, 1953 Paper 315x210 mm
Karl Bornebusch / 15-240